Practice Nurse Coordinator
Plans, directs, coordinates and implements programs. Evaluates patient’s status, instructs staff regarding appropriate techniques, and acts a resource person to the health care team.
Obstetrical Practice Nurse Coordinator will serve as a knowledgeable, accessible, and compassionate resources for obstetrical patients of the OB-GYN division. Coordinates patient care making sure patients are scheduled for appointments, ensures completeness of medical charts, and works directly with Labor & Delivery.
1. Ensures optimal quality of care for all patients in the Division.
* Reviews all protocols to a maintain quality control and patient safety, and to assist Physicians with patient’s compliance.
* Assists staff with assessing patient needs and developing a plan of care and assures proper documentation of all treatments, Nursing assessments and patient reactions.
2. Monitors study patient status and compiles clinical research data to determine effectiveness of treatments for the Practice and affiliates.
* Reviews all protocol patient charts including physical exams, lab reports, radiographic films/scans surgery and reports for relevant information.
* Verifies that proper drug dosage and schedules have been followed and tests necessary for optimal evaluations are completed on a timely fashion.
* Evaluates, extracts and summarizes necessary data, accurately recording it on study forms and flow sheets for computer analysis. Submits all required data in a timely manner.
* Obtains follow-up information on patients according to a set schedule and recognizes and reports problems with protocol compliance to ensure prompt resolution.
3. Instructs Department staff of appropriate Nursing techniques therefore ensuring that patients are eligible for a particular treatment.
* Collaborates with the Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in evaluation of all patients for programs.
* Ensures that appropriate baseline studies have been completed and the Physician has followed informed consent procedure and obtained necessary signatures.
4. Oversees, orients and instructs Department staff to provide quality patient care and perform accurate research.
* Provides instruction in various protocols, necessary procedures, and possible complications.
* Ensures adequate staffing to meet program needs and provides a detailed orientation about the specific tasks relevant to research studies.
* Evaluates staff competence performance according to policy.
5. Participates in the hiring and supervising of the staff.
* Assists in the hiring, training, disciplining, and supervision of staff.
* Assists in ensuring performance appraisals are completed on a timely basis.
6. Performs related duties, as required.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, required; obstetrical experience, preferred.
* Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
* Minimum three (3) years progressively responsible experience, required.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), required.
* Certified Childbirth Educator, preferred.